Life As A Lawyer: An Overview
A Program For Minority Law Students
Join Parker Poe on Saturday, January 30 in Columbia, SC or February 6 in Raleigh, NC from 9:00AM-3:30-PM to learn about the journey from law school to practicing law.
After registration and a continental breakfast you will have an opportunity to interact with a number of attorneys in different practice areas and discuss the following topics:
- Different pathways to practice
- The Distinctions between a litigation practice and a transactional practice
After lunch you will have the opportunity for roundtable discussions with practicing lawyers.
Nervous about law firm interviews? You can sign up to experience a mock interview and sharpen your skills. In addition, you may participate in the following break-out sessions available after lunch:
- Professionalism and Networking Skills
- Appropriate use of social media sites
- So you have a job, now what? Keys to success as a summer intern and new associate.
Want to register?
Please send an email by January 26 to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate which session (Columbia or Raleigh) you will attend or call Crystal Jones at 704-371-6165 with any questions. In your email, please type "Life As A Lawyer" in the subject line and let us know if you want to participate in a mock interview.